Saturday 1 December 2012

Tool - Investment Stock-Watch and Portfolio (iStockFolio)

My trading is carried out online. I own an IPhone and I prefer to use it for trading as it is cheaper, i.e. lower commissions, than going through a broker (on the phone) and it allows for greater flexibility in executing my orders, be it placing orders, changing orders or canceling orders. It helps that my broker has a relatively simple platform for me to use, and so far, except for some occasions in which the network is slow, it has been a breeze to trade using the app.

Unfortunately, the application that is hosted by my broker is not perfect as it does not allow me to keep track of my buy and sell histories, nor does it allow me to keep track of dividend payouts. Therefore, there is a need for other tools to supplement this. One tool that I have found useful is Investment Stock-Watch and Portfolio (iStockFolio) by Richard Prandini. It allows me to keep track of my holdings, my buy and sell price, dates executed, as well as the dividend payouts. This gives me a peace of mind cos I need not be worry about overselling what I own, or selling below a price that would render the trade not profitable. Though I use it for my tradings (on the Singapore stock exchange), it does allow tracking of other markets too. One other aspect which is helpful for me is the ability to export the transactions as a .csv file which is emailed to me and allows me to keep track using a spreadsheet. On top of it, when I downloaded and tried the software, it was free! How cool is that? It is now going for SGD1.28 or US$0.99 cents in the ITunes store.

Links to the App in ITune Store here:
Investment Stock-Watch and Portfolio (iStockFolio) - richard prandini


Disclaimer: The ideas expressed in this blog should not be construed as an enticement to buy or sell the securities, commodities or assets mentioned. The accuracy or completeness of the information provided cannot be guaranteed. Readers should carry out independent verification of information provided. No warranty whatsoever is given and no liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss howsoever arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of actions taken based on ideas and information found in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment