Wednesday 6 February 2013

My holdings - January 2013

January 2013 has been a good month for the stock market. Stocks have been rallying, after fears of US and Europe crisis are quelled by cheery reports from the two economies.

For my holdings, on the REITs side, MCT has gone up by 12% during January from S$1.22 to reach a high of S$1.37 today. Sabana has also performed well, and increased 7% from S$1.14 to reach S$1.22 today. After doing some research, I noted that Saizen Reit is trading at S$0.19 which is a significant discount to its NAV value of S$0.30. Making use of the correction today, I bought some lots at its day low of S$0.188.

I sold my Singtel lots during this time for a profit of about 6%. Even though on hindsight, I should have hold onto the shares, however, as it is rather expensive at $3+, this gives it a lot of room to fall in price + tying up my limited $ resources, therefore I decided to sell it. If Temasek goes on a selling frenzy again, I can always buy it then :)

I still have my Second Chance. In fact, I bought a few more lots when it went XD recently and price dropped to S$0.40. Price movements are rather flat for this counter, but with a yield of 8.9%, I treat this stock like a fixed deposit. I am also holding on to my  Global Premium Hotel lots. Prices have gone up 8% during January from S$0.25 to S$0.27.

Other stocks that I hold include Food Empire (good prospects with expansion of business in China and India), KSH Holdings (booming construction in Singapore, good order outlook, and company is performing well), Vizbranz (bought on impulse recently on the basis that Lam Soon may privatise the company), and Biosensors (which I have been holding for close to a year, very low PE ratio of 5x). Of these, I am most inclined to sell Vizbranz to release the funds I have tied up in this counter.

Disclaimer: The ideas expressed in this blog should not be construed as an enticement to buy or sell the securities, commodities or assets mentioned. The accuracy or completeness of the information provided cannot be guaranteed. Readers should carry out independent verification of information provided. No warranty whatsoever is given and no liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss howsoever arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of actions taken based on ideas and information found in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment